Assignment: METS Field Representative
Job Summary: Due to a growing number of schools utilizing our proven contract employment programs and other pupil transportation solutions, METS is seeking to hire an experienced pupil transportation or customer service professional for assignment as a METS Field Representative. This position supports all aspects of METS pupil transportation programs throughout Michigan to maintain and promote positive community and employee relations while meeting the service goals of the company with each client district.
1. Establish and maintain client relationships by facilitating a company presence in the market place that is highly visible to all stakeholders.
2. Support account services through on-site visits, telephone contact and other avenues available. Create opportunities to engage clients and district assigned METS employees.
3. Identify and resolve client concerns and complaints, serving as a liaison between the client district and METS departmental representatives.
4. Assist with recruiting activities including promoting and participating in events such as job fairs, on-site interviews and other candidate generation efforts.
5. Coordinate and/or facilitate the on-boarding employment process through individual hiring activities and group enrollment meetings.
6. Coordinate and/or facilitate employment program set up & training in accordance with established process guidelines.
7. Act as the primary representative of the METS Corporate Management Team responsible for supporting district assigned METS employees consisting of Transportation Office Personnel, School Bus Drivers, Monitors and Mechanics to ensure employees’ compliance with policies, procedures and customer expectations.
8. Develop strategies with the METS Corporate Office to ensure a high level of service and a positive work experience for the METS Bus Drivers, Monitors, Mechanics and Staff assigned to the District.
9. Communicate new product and service opportunities, process changes, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company and/or client district staff.
10. Identify potential program expansion or service modification opportunities through client interaction.
11. Prepare program presentations, proposals and assist with contractual documents.
12. Ensure all METS processes and procedures are adhered to, assisting districts and employees through changes and implementations as necessary.
13. Provide recommendations to the HR, Payroll, Compliance, Training & Marketing Departments related to the development of employee and client communication materials.
14. Type a variety of communication material from inception, rough draft or instruction, such as letters, memoranda, bulletins& requisitions.
15. Gather data to prepare a variety of METS reports.
1. Ability to maintain a positive attitude within a variety of working scenarios including personal face to face, telephone and written communications.
2. Maintain respect at all time for confidential information.
3. Remain current on all products and services offered by METS.
4. Remain current on all employee policies and procedures of METS.
5. Public speaking with the ability to effectively deliver presentations related to company programs, policies and procedures as well as operational updates within a district program.
6. Maintain a professional appearance providing a positive company image to the public.
7. Engage contract employees assigned to client districts and serve as a liaison between METS employees and corporate office departmental representatives.
8. Obtain in-depth understanding of METS policies & procedures in accordance with DOT regulations, Michigan School Code, ORS rules & guidelines and Employment Law.
9. Must pass State and FBI Criminal Background Check.
10. Must be a high school graduate or equivalent (GED) with basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills to complete general office/clerical tasks (typing, filing, bookkeeping, and general computer skills). College coursework is preferred.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Preferred/Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
1. Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to influence others. – Required
2. Proven ability to effectively create, compose, and edit written materials. – Required
3. Previous supervisory/management experience within a Transportation Department or comparable setting. – Preferred
4. Specialized computer use including Excel and Outlook. – Preferred
5. Previous experience utilizing PowerPoint, pupil transportation routing, GPS, bus fleet maintenance, time & attendance software program. – Preferred
6. Previously or currently maintaining a CDL with P & S endorsements with an eligible driving record per all applicable employer policies and state/federal laws. – Preferred
Working Conditions & Calendar:
1. Working conditions are normal for an office, transportation department, and travel environment.
2. Company dress code includes professional dress applicable for all client meetings and business casual for corporate office activity.
3. Work requires significant travel (70%) including client district office visits (currently throughout Michigan) within normal school business hours, job-site visits within normal school transportation department hours of operation and may require occasional overnight travel with some limited weekend and/or evening work. The remainder of the Field Representative’s schedule (30%) will be spent in the METS Corporate Office (Portland, MI) working with various departmental representatives to implement the feedback provided from field activities into normal business operations.
4. This is a full time, salaried, 12-month position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience of pupil transportation, account management, customer service and other relevant work history. Benefit options including health, dental & vision insurance and 401(k) retirement savings plan are available.
How to Apply: Email a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include “Recruiter” in the subject line of your email) by June 21st, 2019. Interested applicants may call METS at 888-996-8586 for more information.